This is a refreshing vegan mocktail made with fresh pineapple juice and coconut milk. The recipe for the Pina Colada, a summer beverage is made with only 3 ingredients.
It is Puerto Rico’s national drink, a mocktail pineapple drink.
Virgin pina colada is a virgin drink, which means that no rum is added. The drink only contains pineapple, thick coconut milk, and ice cubes. This is a healthy and filling drink. Since it is fruity and with no rum added, it’s a kid-friendly drink.
Fresh pineapple is better than tinned. Coconut milk can be made at home or you can purchase ready-made packs. Freshly extracted Coconut milk is a good choice, gives a very rich taste.
Serve pina colada mocktail immediately. If you prefer a chilled one, garnish it with mint leaves or pineapple, and ice cubes.
Recipe For Pina Colada: How to Make It?
- The first step is to cut and peel the pineapple.
- Use half of a medium pineapple, and get approximately 2 cups of chopped pineapple wedges. Blend the cubes or wedges in a blender.
- You can add sugar, If you want you can skip it or use an alternate sweetener too.
- Blend until you get a smooth paste make sure the puree should not have any pineapple chunks.
- Add 200ml, or 3/4 cup of thick coconut milk or you can use a Coconut cream can too.
- After that, you will need to add coconut water or plain water to thin it.
- Add 4 to 6 ice cubes.
- Now, mix it again until everything is smooth.
- And finally, serve the blended drink immediately in glasses.
- Do not forget to garnish the drink with pineapple wedges.
Total Time Taken for Preparation of Pina Colada
Prep Time15 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
Ingredients Used For Recipe of Pina Colada
- 2 to 2.25 cups chopped pineapples
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
- 3/4 cup thick coconut cream or 200 ml thick Coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, or as needed
- A few pineapple wedges to garnish
Nutrition Info (Approximate values)
Nutrition Facts Pina Colada (Mocktail Drink)
Calories 130Calories starting at Fat 27
% Daily Value*
- 3g5% Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g19%
- 1g Polyunsaturated Fat
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 44mg2%
- Potassium 126mg4%
- 25g8 Carbohydrates
- Fibre 2g8%
- Sugar 19g21%
- Protein 1g2%
- Vitamin A 66IU1%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), 1mg67%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
- Vitamin B6 1mg50%
- Vitamin C 54mg65%
- Vitamin E 1mg7%
- Vitamin K 1ug1%
- Calcium 16mg2%
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) 20ug5%
- Iron 1mg6%
- Magnesium 14mg4%
- Phosphorus 9mg1%
- Zinc 1mg7%
* Based on 2000 calories
Pineapple-Coconut pina colada is very helpful in losing weight, lowering cholesterol, and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. This drink is a blend of both health and taste.