For a moist, light, delicious, eggless, and alcohol-free cake, here is the Quick and Simple Recipe for Fruit Cake with Great Taste. Many fruit cakes require dried fruits, soaked in alcohol for several days or weeks. But here in this recipe, we will make a very delicious fruits cake, without using alcohol for soaking dry fruits.
INGREDIENTS (US CUP = 240ML )
Dry Fruit (150 grams, you can use any one of them)
- #40 grams raisins (4 tbsp chopped)
- #30g apricots (3 Tbsp of chopped)
- #60g glace cherries (6 tbsps chopped)
- #20g cranberries ( 2 tablespoons chopped)
- dates, figs and berries(optional)
- cashew nuts or almonds (optional)
Other ingredients needed for Fruit Cake
- #20 grams citrus peels (2 tbsps chopped candied peels, more if needed)
- #3/4 cups hot water, or 180 milliliters
- #1/4 tsp Salt
- #1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar
- #1 tbsp vanilla extract
- #3/4 – 1 Cup brown sugar (about 170-200 grams) or sugar
- #1/3 cup butter or oil (about 80ml)
- #120ml apple juice or orange juice
- #100g nuts chopped (cashew walnuts, nuts and almonds)
- #1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder(optional)
- #1 or 3/4th cups of or maida/all-purpose flour 210 grams
- #1.5 grams of Ceylon cinnamon or genuine cinnamon approximately 1/2 teaspoon ground
- #8 cloves
- #nutmeg small pieces or 1/3 TSP grated
Preparation of Fruit Cake
- It is important to use a quality spice mix when making fruit cakes. This enhances their flavor. Spice powder with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Grease and then dust with flour, a 8- or 9-inch cake pan.You can use butter paper or greaseproof paper instead.
Make Ready Fruits
- In a large bowl, combine chopped raisins, citrus peels and cranberries.
- Bring the water to boil, and then pour it over the dried fruits.
- Allow them to soak for at least 30 minutes or until it is cool. The hot water makes the dry fruits soft.
How to Make a Fruit Cake
6. Add Brown sugar to the mixture.
7. Salt is good to add.
- Pour orange juice or apple juice.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar. Organic apple cider vinegar is very good to use.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix melted butter or oil to make a paste.
- Combine them all until the sugar dissolves.Keep aside
- Preheat the oven to 170 C, for 15 minutes.
- Take the flour, use a spatula to level the cup.Place it in a sieve set over a bowl. Then add soda and baking powder.
- Add the spice powder to it, sieve them together.
- Now combine the dry and wet ingredients, to make the batter.
- Just mix the batter until it is well combined.Don’t overmix. Mix with chopped cashews.
- Mix them gently
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Gently tap down, but not more than twice. Don’t overdo as the nuts may settle at the bottom.
Key Points to Consider while Making Fruit Cake
- Ensure if you use a 8-inch pan, bake the cake for 35-40 minutes. Bake the cake for 50 to 55 minutes if you use a 8 1/2×4 1/2 loaf pan. You can adjust the time depending on the size of the pan.
- After the cake is done, check it with a toothpick.
- Leave aside the cake for 15 minutes. Let it cool down completely.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the Fruitcake.
Any occasion is celebrated with food and drinks. Cakes are one of the food and among all Fruit Cake is very obvious to be part of menu. Try this recipe for fruit cake, it will not disappoint you for sure.