Chicken Biryani is among the most exquisite royal dishes that was introduced to Indians by the Persians. Since then, it has become very popular and is thought as a lavish dish to be enjoyed on special occasions. Making a tasty chicken biryani like hyderabadi biryani, dum biryani etc takes time and requires Secret Ingredients and Step wise Process.
The traditional chicken biryani recipe is prepared with marinated chicken, followed by layers of boiled rice and herbs, saffron milk and then the ghee The recipe that is shared in this article outlines the quickest method for making a one-pot chicken biryani that can be cooked in the pressure cooker or in a pot.
Ingredients and Step by Step Method to Prepare Tasty Chicken Biryani:
- Half kilogram of Chicken.
- 3 tablespoons yogurt plain (Indian curd)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 to 1 cup garam masala (or biriyani masala)
- Half teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
- Cut a few slits across all pieces of chicken and put them in the bowl of a large size
- Mix everything together and allow the meat to marinate. Cover the dish and place it in the fridge for an hour. If it is possible, rest it for a night in the refrigerator.
3. In the meantime, add 2 cups of basmati rice into the pot, and then rinse it at least 3 times. Rinse and then soak in fresh water for about 30 minutes. Then drain to a colander within 30 minutes. Optional: Soak a few strands of saffron in 2 tablespoons of hot milk.
4. Heat Ghee or oil in a heavy bottom pan or pressure cooker. Be sure to make use of a large pot to do this. Whole spices are not required however it is recommended. You can use the spices you have for tasty chicken biryani like:
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Green cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 1 inch piece of cinnamon
- 1 Star anise
- 3/4 teaspoon shahi Jeera (caraway seeds)
- 1 Strand mace
- Cut 1large sized onion thinly. On a medium flame fry them, frequently stirring until turn light brown and uniformly.
- Avoid burning of onion, since they can have an unpleasant taste. This step is very important for getting good aroma for a Tasty Chicken Biryani.
7. Add the marinated chicken, sauté until it is pale after 5 minutes.
8. Reduce the flame to a minimum. Cover the pan and continue cooking until your chicken has become cooked and tender, then completely cooked.
9. Make sure if the meat is cooked by poking it with a knife or fork. It should be cooked but not overdone. Remove any moisture that remains in the pan by cooking further without removing the lid.
10. Check taste, add salt if required. Add Plain yogurt 1/4 cup (Indian curd)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (or biryani masala)
- A quarter or half teaspoon of red chili powder (optional)
- 1 cut-off green chili (optional)
- Half cup crushed mint leaves (pudina)
How to make Biryani Layers?
- Mix everything together. Spread it all out in one layer.
- Spread the drained rice on top of the chicken. In a separate bowl, pour 3 cups of water, as well as add 1/4 to 1 teaspoon salt. When cooking with a pan beginning with 3 cups of water at this point.
Mix and taste the water. It should be slightly salty. Put 2 cups over both sides of your pot or cooker. Pour the rest of the water over the rice slowly.
- The rice is gently poured over the top. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons more mint leaves. Do not mix the ingredients .The flavor of the tasty Chicken Biryani prepared in the method shown is very tasty. You can also sprinkle 2 tablespoons of fried onions and saffron-soaked milk.
- Then cover the cooker or pot.
If cooking in a pan that is on the stove, cook over a medium temperature until the rice is completed. If the rice isn’t cooked enough, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup boiling water at this point. The amount you add will depend on the quality of the basmati rice. Cover the rice and cook to ensure that the biryani has been cooked, fine and completely cooked. Cover it for 15 minutes.
If cooking in an oven then cook for one whistle. Then, remove the cooker from the flame to stop the cooking process.
- Once the pressure has released naturally, you can open the lid. Make a gentle fluff with a fork.
Serve your tasty chicken biryani in layers. Top layer is with rice and the bottom layer of chicken. Serve with raita or kurma.
Secret Ingredients to Make Great & Tasty Chicken Biryani
To cook a delicious biryani, make sure you use the best quality ingredients. A good selection of Basmati rice, whole spices and chicken, all add to the taste in chicken biryani.
1. Basmati Rice : There is many varieties of basmati rice in the market. To get the best results, choose top basmati rice of the highest quality that is labeled as AGED. This rice is firmer and can be fluffed up nicely in chicken biryani and does not turn into mush. The older rice is also more aromatic.
Basmati Rice2. Biryani Masala (spices): A good high-quality whole spices and spice powders improve the taste in chicken biryani. Choose a top quality prepared garam masala powder and biryani masala.
Biryani Masala3. Chicken: We generally utilize the whole chicken for making tasty Chicken Biryani. But the pieces of chicken breast dry out when not properly marinated with yogurt. If you like juicy, soft and tender pieces of chicken for your biryani, make use of drumsticks and thighs of chicken.
Always opt for bone-in chicken because it makes the dish more delicious.
4. Ghee : Chicken biryani traditionally was cooked by using Ghee. This recipe does not follow the traditional way of cooking it is also possible to prepare it using oil. Ghee is a distinct scent for the food.
Process to Make Chicken Biryani Tasty
* Marination of Chicken: Marinating the chicken in yogurt and spices is the very first step in making the most delicious chicken biryani. Yogurt softens the chicken, and spices add flavor. The marinating and resting of the on the chicken will make it tender and succulent, so don’t leave out this. If you are not keen on eating curd, then you can substitute it by using coconut milk.
* Rice preparation: Basmati rice has to be thoroughly rinsed at least a couple of times in a sufficient quantity of water to remove the starch. This stops that the grains of rice from becoming into mush. Soaking the rice can help make the rice grains long and fluffy. Don’t forget to rinse and soaking the rice in water prior to making use of.
* Water: Here plain water is used to cook Chicken Biryani. It can however be substituted by the coconut milk, or even chicken broth. The amount of water may vary with quality of rice used.
Read Also Try Out 6 Easy and Quick Homemade Sweets Recipe 11 Things Every Girl Should Know in Her Twenties
Leave a reply